Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolutions

So, I hate new years resolutions.  I think they are primarily destined to fail because we, as people, expect to make all these new changes at the same time we are trying to write the correct year on our checkbooks. ;)  Just because we have started the year over does not make new habits easy to make or bad habits easy to break.   But that doesn't mean I don't have goals.  I just dislike the tendency to raise expectations too high simply because it is a new year.

However this year (like any year), there are a few things I want to work on....

There are 2 big ones
1.  Read through the One Year Bible in one actual year.  I started the day after Christmas to give myself a couple days head start.   Some may call that cheating...I call it smart.
2.  Like more than half of all the other people on the planet (I'm sure)....I want to work on my health.  Exercise more and watch portion control.  I want to be comfortable in my skin and happy with the way my clothes fit.  My mom and I have gotten started on this one together also getting a head start on the new year.  I have no treadmill, and do not plan to join a gym so it is bundling up and trekking outside or doing videos in the house.  We'll see how it goes.

So those are my 2 plans for January.  Maybe I'll add something new as February rolls around and maybe I won't....but I know that I can set goals at any time of any year and waiting for the new year is not all that important. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great I am not one for resolutions either...but love the idea of starting new healthy habits ~If we end up soon back in the US I can't wait to get outside and get walking I miss it so much... you can not really do that here ~Love Heather

    ReplyDelete