Monday, August 1, 2011

Menu Monday August 1

So, I really didn't feel like doing a menu for this week.  The house feels very empty of food and I am not gorcery shopping till Thursday.  I kinda felt like we would just scavenge.  We are also very busy this week...I am babysitting a couple days (not during a meal time), I think I am going to have some tomatoes to can, we are picking sweet corn Monday afternoon and I am freezing it on Tuesday, the kids are going to a VBS Wednesday-Friday.  And I will not be home the whole day on Saturday.  So making a menu just felt even more overwhelming.  Then I thought about it and this is the EXACT kind of week where having meals planned out (and thawing meat from the freezer ahead of time) my just be my link to sanity.   So in the interest of maintaining sanity, I printed off my planning form and went to work.

Breakfasts:
toast, muffins, oatmeal, banana splits, cereal, and ??

Lunches:
chicken strips (on sale this week), cheese & sausage crackers, leftovers, sandwiches, quesadillas, sandwiches (again!)

Supper:
eggs & toast
Crock Pot pulled BBQ, corn on the cob, pea salad
Black Bean Burgers (recipe to come), corn on the cob
beef stew (crock pot)
grill out burgers & hot dogs, more deviled eggs, salad
frozen pizzas

As I look at this, the menu is kinda "burger heavy" but they will all be slightly different and we like them.  Plus, they are easy, fast and it is nice to cook outside when it is this hot outside.  That's my story and I'm stickin to it.  :) 

And Coming soon-- Look out for another sandwich inspired recipe...this one in a nice little muffin form.  The kids devoured them and I put a few away myself without much difficulty.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment