Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pasta e Fagioli

1 lb ground beef
1 sm onion, chopped
1 lg carrot, julienned (I cut it in disks cause I HATE julienne-ing veggies)
3 stalks celery, cut in "rings"
2 cloves garlic
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can red kidney beans
1 can great northern beans
1 can tomato sauce (15 oz)
1 can v8 (I used a little one but I think I should have used more)
1 T vinegar
1 1/2 t salt
1 t basil
1/2 t thyme
1/2 lb ditalini pasta (or other small pasta)

brown beef in stock large stock pot.  Add carrots, celery, onion, and garlic.  Saute for 10 minutes. 

Add remaining ingredients except pasta.  DO NOT DRAIN ANY CANS just dump them in!  Simmer 1 hour.

Meanwhile cook pasta in boiling, salted water for 8-10 minutes.  Drain.  Add to soup and simmer 5-10 more minutes.

This time that I made it I used more carrots and skipped the pasta.  I think that adding pasta makes it hard to reheat the soup later.  Eat with bread or the garlic sticks I posted last week!  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment