Thursday, February 12, 2015

Bottomless pit!

The boys are entering that age (they are 11, 9, and 7)where apparently, eating like I do isn't gonna cut it anymore.  A good breakfast, light lunch, and family supper leaves for whiny, hangry (yes I said hangry-it's in the urban dictionary) kids all afternoon.  I'm trying to figure out how to feed them and not spend every single waking hour in the kitchen (cause it doesn't feel like there are very many more I could devote in there).

So today at lunch, (which was sandwiches, chips, and pickles), I asked them what new things they want to have for lunch....I said it seems like what we are having is never quite enough to fill them up so I wanna try having some more filling things so their bellies are full.


G immediately said "biscuits n gravy"  Cool I can do that!

Then A piped in "we should have a buffet."
Me:  "what exactly do you mean, a buffet?"
A: "You know....you put out a bunch of different things and we pick what we want to eat.  Make sure it is all you can eat!"
Me: !?!?!?
Ch
Sigh.  This might be harder than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment