Friday, February 16, 2018

A HEALTHY FOOD adventure! Trim Healthy Mama style

So I've decided to try something.  In my younger years, I could eat all I wanted and maintain a healthy weight and energy level.  But things have changed.  I've tried several different options but none have worked well for me or been manageable long term.  Several friends of mine have found great success with Trim Healthy Mama.  So I got the book.  And Trim Healthy Table and next week is my first week "on plan."

One of the things I like about this plan is that, apart from sugar and white flour, nothing is really forbidden.  And there are substitutions for sugar and white flour that I can use.  The main idea of the plan is that you separate fuels (healthy carbs and fat) and anchor both with good protein.  So I spent a large part of yesterday afternoon creating next weeks menu and grocery list- I am looking forward to that going much faster soon.  And I want to be able to easily find this one to use it again (no need to reinvent the wheel every single week)  So here we go.

Breakfast:
Big Bowl Egg Scram (THT 331) -S
Big Bowl Cinnamon Oatmeal (THT 354) -E
Cream of Treat ( THT 353) -S
Pint Jar Oats (THT 343) -E (makes 3 servings)
Cinnamon Pecan Bake Pancake (THT 338) - S

LUNCH:
I will have either veggies or a salad with my lunch each day.  I am going to instant pot a turkey breast at the start of the week because I don't like turkey lunchmeat and use that for sandwiches/protein.
Sprouted Bread Sandwich  (E) (2 days at least) -freshy bowl (leftovers) (FP)  Apple (E)
Tuna Pepper Poppers (THT 313) - S
finger food lunch (for packing for a day out) Turkey, cheese, S veggies, Dark choc pieces
leftovers to fill in any extra days

SUPPER
- Barbacoa Beef (THT 108) -S
Freshy Bowl (THT 265) -FP  (leftover of this will help with lunches)
With taco salad toppings....kids will get chips/wraps

-Taco Cornbread Bake (THT 139) - S
salad

- Save my Sanity Chili (THT 81) - E

- grilled burgers (toppings- buns for kids) -S
Amish Broccoli Salad (THT 271) - S

Hubby Loving Chicken (THT 218) - S
Killer Green Beans (THT 261) - S

-Tuscan Cream Chicken - (THT 72) - S
kids will get noodles.  I'll have a salad or leftover veggies.

-Salad Bar Night (I think this will become our sunday night event- perhaps rotating with soup night.  Its fast and easy and well liked and it gives me a chance to prep salad veggies for the whole week).

Snack/Sipper?Other
- Reeses pieces shake (pinterest)
- Raspberry GGMS
-Dump Ranch Dressing/dip -S (to go on salads or veggies with an S meal


Now I don't expect my kids to follow this plan through breakfast and lunch....so I'm buying them some WAY off plan options. I may try to slide them into some plan options as I get more experience and learn....So there's that.  :)

Now on to the grocery list.  There are several things I consider staples and won't be found on this list....onions, garlic, spices, baking powder, etc etc etc.  So use it to start but check recipes and add what you need.  :)

Produce:
spinach-2
mushrooms (for my salads/egg bowl)
cherry tomatoes
rainbow peppers
ginger
garlic
mini peppers
lettuce 2
tomatoes (roma)
broccoli-2
cucumber (salad)
avocado

Canned:
tuna
tomato sauce
diced tomatoes 2
rotel
pinto beans - 2
great northern beans 2
applesauce (UNsweetened)
sun dried tomatoes

Packaged:
Pyure
Nutritional Yeast
coconut flour
golden flax meal
pecans
xanthum gum

Dairy:
almond milk
egg whites
cheddar cheese
skim milk (for making yogurt)
eggs - 2
heavy cream
1% cottage cheese

Frozen:
Raspberries

Fish/Meat:
turkey breast
bacon
chicken legs
chicken breast

Other:
85% cacao chocolate bar


No comments:

Post a Comment