Thursday, February 1, 2018

Freezer Meal Prep

Sometimes its just nice to have some meals ready made in the freezer.  And Stouffer's Lasagna just isn't gonna cut it.  The upcoming month is one of those times.....so I've spent the last couple hours making some freezer meals.  I'm not done yet....but when I am this is what I'll have in my freezer...

Shepherds Pie

I made 2 of these.  I didn't even look at her freezer mashed potatoes and just made mashed potatoes in my instant pot.  Also totally lazy and used frozen mixed veggies and skipped cutting up carrots.  Who does that?    I also forgot to buy allspice.  (I clearly struggle with following recipes....you will notice that trend throughout). 

Vegetable Beef Soup

So I made one of these.  Kinda.  The roast will have to be cooked ahead of time....but that can be done from frozen in the instant pot.  I think we'll manage that.  Everything else got dumped in a gallon bag.  Again, I used frozen mixed veggies and just added enough to look about right.  I did chop my own onion though.  :)

Burrito Bowl

We've had this before and the kids LOVE it.  They call it "taco paste" which I think is supposed to be complimentary but totally doesn't feel like it.  I think its cute this is 6 servings....so I doubled it.  We also use venison roast/backstrap because we have that.  It will be plopped in first with this dumped on top.  Since we switch to venison I used beef stock and not chicken stock. 

Taco Rice Casserole

So we've never had this before.  I made 2 of them.  Its taco flavored....I figure its a pretty safe bet!!!  Its also similar to the burrito bowl above.  I left out zuchinni cause I forgot to buy it.  I made my own black beans in my instant pot and made the rice in the instant pot too.  And I left off the cheese, cause there are weirdos in this house who don't like/eat melty cheese.  I know I know, I don't know what is wrong with them either. 

Minestrone

Im making 2 of these.  I may have to actually chop up carrots for this one.  And I'll leave out the spinach cause it won't freeze great and kale is gross.  I'm also subbing red beans in for canellini beans cause I could find cannelini.  The pasta and beans will go in their own little bags to add at appropriate times. 

Chili

So this is our favorite chili.  I'm making 2 of them but I bet we eat one for supper.  I leave out the jalepenos and add 1 chili in adobo sauce instead.  Mmmmm  And no fish sauce or cocoa for us please.  :)

Tuscan Chicken Stew

This one is actually out of a cookbook I bought (The Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook-whew that's a mouthfull)  So I don't feel good about sharing the recipe here.   I'm gonna make 2 of these I think. 

I may not have enough canned tomatoes to do chili and the tuscan chicken stew.....I may have to get some more.  Now its time to mash some potatoes to finish off these shepherds pies.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment