Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Yarn Crawl 2019 and Knitting Bags

Last week, my mom and I took Lyrick, Abby (Lyrick's friend), and Delaney and Dannae (my neices) to an overnight yarn crawl.  Whats a yarn crawl you say?  Well, its like a bar crawl, but with more yarn and no beer (seriously, not one drink even outnumbered 2 to 1 by little girls).  It was not supposed to be that way but life happens and we decided 1) we could help dear friends and family out AND 2) have a good time AND 3) take our little beginner knitters to check out some yarn shops.  And you know what...we did all those things.  And it was awesome! 

Its our yarn crawl crew at breakfast on the second day.  :D  Still smiling!
We went on a walk along the Ohio River....but it was HOT so the walk was short and we found an ice cream shop instead.  (No photos of ice cream-we had to eat fast)
Supper time after a day of yarn shopping.  :D
Because I knew we were going to several shops.  And the girls were on a limited budget and I wasn't buying them all.  the.  things, I made them a scavenger hunt.  They had things to find at each shop.  This is the photo from when they found "Sheep" and could check it off the list.  They also found extra soft yarn.  Knitting needles. Crochet Hooks, yarn that matched thier outfit....and so much more.  It was so much fun!  In 3 of the 4 shops the owners/employees/other knitters were encouraging and helpful.  It made for a great experience.

I made each of the girls a knitting bag....but for the trip I filled it with snacks.  Cause snacks make every roadtrip better.
I made all 4 bags with a yard of the floral fabric and a 5 pack of fat quarters.  And I have enough floral for another-but I"m out of fat quarters.  Wait for it and I'll do a tutorial...gotta find one more fat quarter.  :


No comments:

Post a Comment