Saturday, July 20, 2019

Sewing Studio!

This summer I decided to take over the bonus room above our detached garage.  I cleaned, we got a window air conditioner, and I painted the subfloor.  I wanted a usable space on the cheap! And now I have a sewing studio.

It has made all the difference and I'm sewing more.  INstead of having to spread everything all over my kitchen and dining room....and quit and clean up even if a project is unfinished. I can go out, listen to an audiobook, and sew while I have time.  And either finish or not finish. 

"Sew-phia" is my bust.  Unfortunately, we are not the same size but I can at least use her for hemming and displaying.  I also am excited to use the mood board to plan out possible projects and plans.  

My sewing desk is HUGE.  12 feet long.  and I love every inch of it!  :D

This cabinet came out of an old house....and then out of the boys bathroom where it just collected crap.  It is perfect for notions and random things.  And it matches.  I want to make the sewing machine in the corner for twin needles but I can't find the power cord so its in time out for the moment.  

My cutting mat is sad but I'm saving up for a big one....or 2 big ones to put together.  :D

Since my room is finished, I've sorted through all my fabric and am working on finding the perfect "t-shirt."  I have some "Outlander" fabric that I plan to do shirts with but am totally stressed about cutting into....it NEEEEEEDS to be perfect.  I think I have enough for 2 tshirts, a skirt/bottoms, and a cardigan. (tshirt panels, coordinates, and a "Jamie's tartan).I'm probably going to be running a lot of "muslins" through to find the perfect thing for all of them. Cause seriously PERFECTION is my goal!  HA!  But first narrowing down to the perfect t-shirt.  I've got at least one more to try.  I'm getting closer every time. 

A friend encouraged me to blog about my projects and travel plans and things.  So I'm gonna try.  I am not a photographer.  I am awkward in pictures.  And sometimes its hard to write well.  I feel like what I do isn't all that special but apparently, at least one person is interested.  (I'm not asking for compliments or followers or whatever but it just feels weird to write about things that are just what I do). 

So, that's my studio.  I love the quiet space to create that it gives me.  I hope to spend an afternoon or two out there each week during the school year....I have so many plans.  So.  many.  plans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment