Saturday, January 25, 2014

Bikini Body Mommy

So I joined a fitness challenge.  And I have stuck with it for almost 2 weeks, which is frankly a miracle.  However, I don't anticipate ever, ever, ever wearing a bikini where someone might see me, or even in a place where no one would see me.  Maybe if the whole human race was rendered blind...which might happen if I wore a bikini in public.  Seriously.  Oh, wait that is totally not the point here.

The point is, I started a fitness challenge called Bikini Body Mommy with a friend.  Soon 3 more friends joined the party.  (except I think a party should have more food and less sweat but since we aren't actually in the same room when we workout its ok).  And despite the fact that the "actual" bikini body mommy kicks my butt every. single. day. and I wake up sore in new places every. single. day.  I am finding that I enjoy it.  In two weeks, I already feel stronger.  And slightly less sore some days.  I've dropped a couple pounds.  But I feel stronger.  And that is even better.  I also think I have more energy.  And I'm eating better.  If I am sweating and working my, ahem, butt off then I am not going to blow it on cookies.

Today was actually day 12 and we were supposed to retake the fitness test that we took on day one.  Eight exercises....do as many as you can in 50 seconds.  Rest for 10 seconds.  Keep track.  I was shocked at my improvement.  I was able to do more in almost every exercise.  Some of them I nearly doubled my score.  YAY!  Then there were burpees.  I actually did fewer burpees.  I hate them.  I think that's why I didn't do well on them today.  I hate them.  They hate me.  We just didn't play nice today.

Anyway, you can check out the challenge here

12 days down...78 days to go.

PS.  Burpees are evil!  In case you didn't pick up on that earlier.
PPS.  So are bikinis.  From my perspective.  Of course, if I actually ever had "abs" in my whole life I might have a different opinion.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment