Monday, September 30, 2019

Mason shirt!

Sooooo there's this story.  I ordered a box of fabric from a new to me online fabric company.  I got some things I liked, some new fabrics to try, and 1 yard of "Mason" to make Lyrick some leggings. ONE yard.  JUUUUUST enough for her leggings.  But that's fine.  I don't wear animal print.  Not my style but I know she can rock it.  Then it came in.  And OMG I decide I DO like animal print and I HAD to have something with it.  Problem - I already told Lyrick it was for her....and she is attached.

So I started brain storming....I had gotten a tester piece of mason which means at one end there was a 5 inch circle cut from the fabric....which in turn means that I have a yard and 5 inches of this fabric around that hole. Then went to Hobby Lobby.  There I bought several yards of plain black ponte - not the exact same fabric but similar weight and drape and stretch.

I was very thankful for my big cutting board all spread out on my big cutting table (aka ping pong table) and I laid out the pieces I wanted in the Mason for BOTH my project and Lyrick's leggings.  And then I laid out the rest I needed on the black....colorblocking for the win!

And because its still hot and Lyrick can't wear her leggings yet....she has to wait.  But I stitched mine up.  And it is my new favorite shirt. I've worn it twice in the last week and gotten so many compliments every time.  I'm glad I wear animal print now.   :)




The pants are also made by me. But I'll talk about those in another post.  They have been an adventure.  

2 comments:

  1. If it was ALL animal print, it wouldn't look as pretty (IMO), but the way you paired it with the black looks very elegant. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't think I'm ready for all animal print. :D Probably never will be....less is more less is more. :D

      Delete