Wednesday, September 4, 2019

School!

Sometimes you wait years to see results from decisions you've made or even just months to see the fruits of your labor.   As an example, I've been working out and eating well for months and not much has changed....but that's a post for another day.   Because sometimes YOU SEE CHANGE....almost immediately. 

Lyrick is thriving in public school.  She gets up on her own each morning with an alarm (I am still teaching early mornings), and gets dressed.  Her clothes are already laid out.  She choses her breakfast from the options we have that week (either made ahead and frozen or otherwise).  When I'm finished with my classes, 30 minutes before the bus comes at the latest, she is either eating or close to it and we sit and have breakfast and chat.  She is reading and doing math at school.  Her handwriting has improved immensely.  She gets off the bus every afternoon and has a snack and does her homework.  She reads to me for 15 minutes.  And she DOES IT!  She tells us about what she is learning.  She loves PE and lunch.  It is fantastic.  And then last friday....last friday a thing happened.  A big huge thing....
An A+ on her very first spelling test! 

And just because it made me curious, I checked the boys GPA for the start of this year and all 3 of their GPA's have improved.  Success on all 4 fronts! 

It is so nice to get such immediate confirmation that the right choice was made.  And everyone is thriving!  I am so happy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment