Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Summer Sweater

I've been working on the Diamond Lake Sweater by Kay Hopkins for the better part of the summer and I'm finally nearly getting there.  I got the yarn at YarnCon this spring but unfortunately I've misplaced the tag.  *sad face*

The pattern starts by knitting the yoke -shoulder to shoulder- with the lace pattern across the front.
The first repeat of the yoke lace.  Its going to be awesome!


After finishing the neckline and blocking the lace you stitch the armpit seams and pick up stitches around the body. It took me a couple tries to get it and it still isn't exactly right but its fitting so it works.  

I took the lacework out of the back so its just straight knit knit knit knit knit knit....
.just a few more inches till I can do the hem. 

 Im absolutely in love with knitting sweaters.  You can see behind me (in all the mess) a cubbie of sweaters.  All 5 of those are handknit.  The teal is my very first one and I've never even worn it.  The gold is my second and I've worn it many times but the sleeves aren't well fitted and I don't feel great in it.  I learn something new with almost every project....but sweater knitting is definitely a learning game! 

No comments:

Post a Comment