Friday, January 12, 2018

Friday Facepalms!

Since I'm a stay at home mom, you may assume my life gets a little dull....however, you would be wrong....So I'm going to try to keep a little log of facepalm moments each week.  

This week L asked for "ice cream burgers"  She wasn't overly interested in ice cream sandwiches. She got neither since the temp is in single digits.

One of M's spelling words was "wieners"  Seriously, they couldn't come up with ANY other -er word to pluralize.  Apparently, we both have the sense of humor of 12 year old boys.

L can read the word "Ann" but she can not read the word "an"  

Me:  M you need to clean your shower
M; YES!!!
Me: A you can clean your bathroom sink
A: ok.  can I go down to pappy's instead?
Me: Um No (weirdo)
Me: G you can clean either my shower, sink or toilet
G: I'll do your shower
L:  I GET TO DO THE TOILET!
Me:  (sighing) Ok, I guess you can
 That leaves me my bathroom sink.  Worked out pretty well   PS-I cleaned their toilet yesterday so it didn't need done today (and I threw away the toilet brush)


Me: You need to get ready for Awana
L:  What do I wear?
Me: leggings and a shirt
L:  Can I wear this? (holding up some clothes)
Me: well those are both shirts so you need some pants.
L:  Oh


I also said these words....."Pants are a requirement when packing for a trip."  Sometimes I feel like I'm really failing.  Why are my children struggling with the necessity for pants this week?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment