Monday, January 15, 2018

Monday Morning Musings!!

That resume I posted last week?...it was apparently enough.  I taught my first private ESL class to a student in China last week.  Seriously.  I taught a child on the other side of the world.  That thought still is just hard to wrap my mind around.  The world continues to shrink and I can reach people on the other side of the world in real time while I'm sitting in the corner of my bedroom (my current "classrom" location) and still wearing pajama pants.  :)

Sometimes being a stay at home, homeschooling mom feels like a fairly thankless job.  My children certainly are not thanking me for making them do school every day.  That battle is one I feel like I fight continually. Of course, Shane is thankful and rockstar level supportive.  My family is supportive and proud, I think.  I love my homeschool friends. I *know* my worth is not tied in any way to what I can earn.  But I am so proud and thankful for the ability to earn even a little something while I'm still doing what I know God wants me to do, homeschool my kids.

I currently have 3 more classes this week.  One is a 2nd booking from the student last week....talk about positive affirmation!!   I have to get up very early for me.  But I was more productive and not less.  I feel energized.  I'm more patient with the kids IN my house.  It has given me a push of energy.  I am so thankful.  Except when I fell asleep on the couch during a family movie at 7....but I woke up for the end.  I'll get it figured out.

I really didn't think I had much to offer a company.  I thought if I wanted a job I would be working at at a fast food place or waitressing.....which I still think I would enjoy on some levels (talking to other adults) and really not like on other levels (talking to other adults-HA!).  But this is an answered prayer because I set MY own schedule.  It doesn't effect my homeschool day.  And if I am unavailable I leave those squares blank.

It is so nice to feel like I have some control over something in my life.  I have a GREAT life.  I realize I am very lucky.  I know all this.  I get it.  But recently, I've found myself in a rut.  I'm still there a little bit.  I'm frustrated by things out of my control.    I am so thankful for the opportunity to get out of my head, and out of my house regularly (if only virtually), and do something that makes me feel useful (I know I'm useful but feeling it and knowing aren't the same thing).  And the opportunity to earn a little, even if its only enough to support my crafting habit, makes me feel very thankful. 


Just in case you are interested in an opportunity like this one...here is my referral link.   I would gladly help you get started.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment