Monday, January 1, 2018

New Year, New Goals, New Start!

So it is pretty safe to say that this blog had effectively died.  I haven't posted in a year and a half and that's ridiculous.  But as life ebbs and flows, some things stop and start and stop and start again.  As the kids have gotten older, I am finding myself with more "free time**", more creative outlets, more personal goals, and just more.  So I decided to pop back in here and see if I can write about it regularly.  I make no promises but I would like to try. 

**  free time is the time when my kids are entertaining themselves and I should be cleaning....but I'm probably not.  :)

So whats better for a new year than Goal Setting!

I've always got goals....Even goals for what I'm going to clean each week.  But I am setting some bigger goals for the year.  Sometimes they get done and sometimes they don't....and I'm ok with that.

1)  Bible - I've got the plan loaded on my phone to read each day for the entire year.  And finish the whole book in the year.

2)  Reading!  I'd like to read 24 books this year.  That's 2/month and audiobooks totally count.  Within this goal, I plan to primarily read books I've never read before.  I am open to suggestions.  I am going to have to chose carefully though because sometimes I pick books that are REALLY long (Outlander I'm talking to you- and Game of Thrones, you too)  {If you have suggestions I like historical fiction a lot,  a little sci-fi is cool.  I don't like romance without a bigger plot line, and I don't like thrillers.  YA is fine.}

3)  Knitting!  I am trying to knit with more intention this year.  I have so many (SO MANY!) things I'd like to make...but I jump from one shiny thing to another....So these are my subcategories.

  •   Socks - 6 pair for me and 6 pair for Shane (1 pair/month)
  •   Shawls- 3 total (I have patterns for 2 picked out)
  •   Sweaters - 3 total (but depending on how well the first one fits I may scrap the last 2-I'm really struggling with gauge and fit on sweaters and its frustrating)
  •   Other - It is ridiculous to assume I won't make ANY other things.  I have a girls trip to Chicago to Yarncon in the early spring so who knows what will strike me there.  But these are my primary things.


4) Sewing!  So I started a new thing in the last 6 months.  Clothes making.  And it is fantastic.  I absolutely love it.  And because I just can't do something a little bit I have also joined a thing for 2018.  It is a sewing challenge to sew one item each week for the entire year.  It is a very loose challenge but I'm going to go for it.  I plan/hope to track progress here.

5)  Fitness - the last 6 months have been rough.  I took the semester of taekwondo off.   I traveled for a month.  Then I had an outpatient medical procedure.  I'm going back to Taekwondo with the family in January.  I feel weak and soft and like the first night might just kill me.  But it won't and I'll be back in it full swing in no time.  I would like to start Bikini Body Mommy but I am unsure if the procedure from November was really all that successful (current signs point to no) so I may be having another surgery in February....so that will wait.


So, watch for updates....but maybe dont hold your breath....sometimes things get put on the back burner around here and I don't get it all done.  Personally, I will be using my handy dandy bullet journal (AKA my brain book) to track my personal goals.  A new year is always such a fresh feeling.  I'm looking forward to 2018 being fantastic from start to finish!  :D

Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment