Monday, July 11, 2011

Menu Monday July 11

Ok I'm gonna try this.  I've been doing menus pretty steadily all summer and they are really working...so this is what we're eating this week.

Breakfast:
  • breakfast banana split
  • baked oatmeal
  • bagels (but I have to can green beans so I'm not sure when I'm going to get those made)
  • muffins
  • cereal
  • Grandma's oatmeal
Lunch
  • grilled cheese with creamy tomato soup
  • turkey wraps
  • "fruity lunch" with hummus dip
  • bagel bacon egg sandwiches (maybe)
  • leftovers
  • sandwiches
Supper
  • grilled chicken with spicy corn & black bean salsa
  • fried fish & cole slaw
  • brats with fried tators n onions
  • Little tweezers pizza (King is cooking one night)  (oh this is closely related to Little Ceasars)
  • pancakes
  • hot dogs 

When I made this menu, I was fed up with eating the same things over and over again - tacos, pizza, meatloaf, ad nauseum.  The family may very easily turn their noses up or even say "Yuck" when I put some of these things on the table (Turkey wraps and spicy corn & black bean salsa, I am worried for you...I think I will love you though).  Many things are new.  I don't often try this many new things in one week...but I've tried to pair all the new things with things they will all like.  So they won't starve!   We also have all the "fixin's" for a big salad anytime- lettuce, cheese, carrots, peppers, black olives, green olives, croutons, those little crunchy noodles, hard boiled eggs, etc etc.  And they all love salad...except for the Page, he tolerates them.

No comments:

Post a Comment