Friday, July 29, 2011

Murphy's Law

Murphy's law is an adage or epigram that is typically stated as: "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong". (wikipedia)

Ever have one of "those" days where it seems like Murphy has taken up residence in your home, and maybe inside your head.  Today is one of those days.  So far my phone has gone kaput (it won't even power up), my supper plans have gone the same way, and I lost music plans for a revival I am leading in a couple weeks.  And it isn't even lunch time yet.

How do you keep Murphy from winning?  How do you not let the fact that everything is going wrong make you grumpy?  Well, honestly, most of the time I don't.  Although plans I make are always flexible (I do have 3 children and often their plans and my plans don't match up) but when one thing after another doesn't work, it irritates me.  Today, I decided to just go with it and I planned a little success into the rest of the day.  I pulled fish from the freezer for supper and the kids will be thrilled so I know supper will go "right."  Then I redid the revival plans.  It really only took a half hour or so and now I don't have to fret about losing them in the first place....and I saved them on the computer instead of scratching them out on a piece of paper so I won't lose them again.  I am just trying not to think about the phone.  (grrrr!)

I really really want to finish the bag that I started on yesterday but I had to rip out the zipper yesterday and with Murphy's Law still seemingly in effect here I am not going to risk it.  No reason to tempt him.  I thought about cutting out another pattern but with my luck today I will probably just cut off a finger or something so I am thinking that cleaning is in my immediate future.  Of course, that is a positive and a negative...I do NOT like to clean, but I do enjoy a clean house.  Of course, I could just go back to bed.  :)

Either way, Murphy is not going to win today!  Hopefully, he will give up and not come back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment