Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Adoption News!!

We have encouraging Adoption News.  Not THE news but encouraging.  As of last Friday our profile has been given to 32 birth mothers.  Of those 32 mothers, 2 have been placed and 3 are in matches.  That means there are at least 28 mothers who are considering adoption for their unborn baby girl and who have our profile.  That number was shockingly wonderful to me.  I was hoping that 10-12 had seen our profile.  Also , our video profile is now live.  We filmed about and hour and a half of footage over the course of a month and then turned it in.  They took all that film and turned it into a 3 minute (and 3 second) film about our life.  I am very pleased with the finished product.  It is the first time I think I have ever "said" anything in 3 minutes.  We look fun and outdoorsy and like we enjoy eating a lot.  All of which I think are true. 

I also just learned that November is National Adoption Month so I am trying to find some materials to tie into our school day.  I am honestly having some trouble with this.  Most books for kids about adoption are about international adoption or adoption out of the foster care system.  Both are wonderful things but do not really fit our adoption plan.  I did also find several books about adopting puppies...but that is even further from what I am looking for.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment