Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sewing Frenzy!

Realistically, I've been sewing a lot lately.  Purses and other things to try to sell to raise adoption money.  I have enjoyed that sewing and have helped add money to the savings account for adopting our little girl.

However, yesterday I decided I am tired of sewing because I have to.  I do not want to make another purse, or Christmas decoration, or whatever.  I enjoy sewing but I do not want to have a "job" sewing anymore.  So, I sewed something just for fun.  I found some online tutorials for things I'd like to make for myself but I didn't have the fabric to do those.  So I found some other tutorials online and made a few things for Baby Sister.  It was FUN!  It is hard sewing (or shopping for that matter) for her because we don't know in which season she will be joining our family...but I decided I don't really care.  I am going to make things that I feel like making.

These two projects were made from tutorials I found online.  The sleepsack comes from www.sewingmamas.com.  The booties are from  www.HELLOmynameisHeather.com

 
This is a sleep sack...think like a sleeping bag for babies.  It unzips all the way and the straps velcro up over baby's shoulders so after baby is asleep you can lay her down and not have to get arms in any holes.  She will still wear a sleeper...this is just the "blanket"





These are faux suede newborn booties.  The pink bows aren't yet attached and I think I found some that I like better.  I am not thrilled with the finishing around the top edge and am thinking about adding a decorative stitch up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment