Saturday, October 15, 2011

Changing of the Seasons!

I LOVE FALL!  I love the gusty winds blowing through my windows and the leaves flying across the yard.  I love open spaces thanks to harvest time.  I love soups and pumpkin and apples and baking, well you get the picture.  I do not love the allergies caused by harvest but other than that I can't think of any reason to not LOVE this season.  I love spring and in the spring I think it is my favorite season but as fall rolls in I think I change my mind...and fall comes in first.  I don't like the monsoon style rain we seem to get each spring but I am also not a fan of the dry fall weather that means my well runs dry and trip to the laundromat.  I can be sure that the heat of summer and the frigid winter are not my favorites.

We are well into our school year and are almost finished with our first term (we have three 12 week terms instead of 2 semesters).  We've had 2 boys' birthdays and one is coming up fast.  Soccer season is nearing its end.  Archery deer season is in full swing and shotgun season is just around the corner.  The Prince got his first deer during  youth season a few weekends ago.  He was beyond proud of "getting a dandy and putting some meat on the table."
The Prince with his first deer.
One thing I really enjoy doing at the change of seasons is meal planning.  I have punked out on meal plans due to life overwhelming and the King's work schedule but he is working normal hours again and I am ready to search out my favorite fall and winter recipes that have been waiting in the wings through the hot weather.  Soups, casseroles, comfort food, stews, baked goods....I can feel the winter weight gain already.

Get ready for next weeks meal plan...it just needs a few more tweaks to get it finished.  And hopefully, the beautiful fall weather will also provide inspiration for writing.  See ya later in blogland.

No comments:

Post a Comment